Nutritional Remedies For Hair Growth
Updated: Jun 21, 2020
Worried about your child’s Hair fall? It is said that your child's hair reflects overall health as well as nutrition. A Newborn hair loss is very common in first few months due to changes in hormone levels. But there is nothing to worry much as the lost hair is replaced with healthy hair and the color and texture may also change in due course of time.
Sometimes you may not realize the change but it the hair texture, nature largely depend on genetic. For ex: Curly may go straight and vice-versa. But this is not the real problem, the problem is only when you see the color changes lighter and there are more hair falls which might be due to iron deficiency anemia, folate and vitamin B12 deficiency, inadequate protein, zinc and other micronutrients.
Go and grab the following Nutrients through food that are proven to help in your child's hair growth.
1. Vitamin A: The health of the scalp glands is promoted by vitamin A. The sources include papaya, carrot, green leafy vegetables, apricot, mango, orange, passion fruit, etc.
2. Vitamin C: This protects the hair from breaking. The sources include Strawberry, citrus fruits, tomato, dark green leafy vegetables, etc..
3. Vitamin E: This improves the hair quality. The sources are green leafy vegetables, nuts and nut oils, etc.
4. Biotin: Hair is made up of a protein called keratin which is produced by biotin. This B vitamin is present in eggs, whole grains, lean meat, poultry, fish, etc. Biotin also prevents hair loss. It regulates and interacts with the hormones related to hair growth and strengthens the hair.
5. Essential fatty acids: These are vital for hair health. The sources include fish and nuts and seeds like almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds.
6. Zinc: Hair loss can be prevented by zinc intake. The sources are chicken, sunflower seeds, bran, wheat germ, oatmeal, etc.
7. Iron: Deficiency of iron causes hair loss. The sources are enriched cereals, meat, leafy vegetables, dates, figs, fruits etc. Including vitamin C in daily diet helps in iron absorption.
1-2 tsp of ghee makes the skin and hair supple and healthy. Do not miss them in the daily food.
Always remember, good nutrition is the key to healthy hair growth. Consuming regular junk food, refined products or preferring carbonated beverages over water may make the healthy hair weak, dry and brittle.