Monsoon In? Boost your Kids foods with Immune health!
Updated: Jun 21, 2020
Every mom wants to help her child stay healthy and fight off infections, especially during cold-and-flu season — but you can't lock your kid away and hope the germs don't find him. One thing you can do is fill his plate with immunity-boosting foods.
Research shows a balanced diet with lots of different kinds of fresh fruits and vegetables— particularly those high in vitamins A and C — can help a body's natural ability to fight off disease? Serve up these kid-friendly nutrition powerhouses.
1. RAINBOW BRIGHT VEGGIES: Foods rich in vitamin A, like carrots, beetroot, pumpkins, sweet potatoes and green leafy veggies(all varieties and in rotation) help the body fight infection. Plan your vegetables with one of these veggies in their daily diet in the form of soup (preferred food during monsoon), boiled veggies (Your antioxidant store!), gravies or curries to complete the main meal. 2-3 servings a day is a must!
2. SAY YES TO CURDS! : Curds- probiotic becomes a protector of gut health by guarding against gastrointestinal illnesses which is typically common during monsoon months. Serving of 2 cups can build the body's resistance to colds and other infections.
3. CITRUS CRUSH: Vitamin C like orange, sweetlime, kiwi, strawberries works wonders at a cellular level by slowing down the cell damage. Also it helps in wound recovery, in addition to protecting the body against infections and disease. To help your child get the vitamin C she needs, offer 1 serving of any of the fruits listed above.
4. VITAMIN E-RICH FOODS: The body needs vitamin E to fight off bacteria and viruses, plus it can protect your youngster's cells and tissues from damage. Stock up on whole grains, oats, nuts, seeds and spinach. 1 servings of any of these should give you a thumbs up!
5. GET NUTTY: Nuts are loaded with immunity-boosting vitamins and minerals, so they definitely deserve a spot in your little one's diet.
Now that you know these immune boosting foods are just a step away from your shelves. Make your kids strong and healthy!!