Updated: Jun 11, 2020
Sweet corn kernels - 1/2 cup
fenugreek leaves -3/4 cup
Basmati rice -1 cup
clove - 2 no.s
sliced onion - 1 no.
Salt to taste
Ghee- 2 tbsp
1. Wash and soak the rice for 10 minutes.
2. Meantime, heat ghee in a pressure cooker, add the peppercorns, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom and sauté on a medium flame for ½ a minute.
3. Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add the fenugreek leaves and sweet corn and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
5. Add rice and 2 cups of hot water, salt, turmeric powder and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds and pressure cook for 2-3 whistles or if you're using handi, cover the pulao and cook in a low flame until done. (use boiled corn if going by this method).
6. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
7. Add the remaining 1 tbsp ghee and give a stir
8. Serve hot with fresh curds.
Nutrient highlights: Corn contains a significant amount of vitamin B12 and folic acid as well as iron, which is one of the essential minerals required to form new red blood cells. The high levels of iron in methi leaves are perfect for treatment of Anaemia.