Updated: Jun 12, 2020
Raw Mango - 1 small
Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
Rasam powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – a pinch
Oil – 1 tsp
Mustard – 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida – a pinch
Curry leaves – 1 strand
Coriander leaves – few
Salt – 1 tsp
1. Pressure cook mango by adding a cup of water and turmeric powder for 2-3 whistles. Leave it till pressure subsides.
2. Then remove lid and mash mangoes well and strain it to get puree. Keep it aside.
3. Add Rasam powder directly to the mango mixture if you have already prepared and stored. Else in a kadai, fry pepper, coriander seeds and cumin seeds for few seconds and grind it to a coarse powder.
4. Mix with salt and curry leaves and allow it to boil for 2-3 minutes.
5. Season the mango rasam with mustard and asafoetida.
6. Remove from flame and garnish with coriander leaves (optional).
Nutrition Highlights: Mango is a rich vitamin C and fiber source. It helps to boost immune system and aids in iron absorption.