Lemon Rasam/Lemon Soup
Updated: Jun 12, 2020
Lemon juice – 1/4 cup
Moong dal/ tur dal – 3 tbsp
Tomato – 1 (chopped)
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Black pepper – 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida – a pinch
Salt – 1 tsp
Ghee – 1 tsp
Mustard – 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves( optional) – a few
1. Pressure cook the dal by adding 1/2 cup of water and a pinch of turmeric powder for 1-2 whistle. Mash it when steam subsides.
2. Boil tomato in 11/2 cup of water. Then add turmeric powder and salt and boil it for 10 minutes.
3. Add mashed dal, pepper powder, cumin powder and asafoetida to the tomato mixture and allow it to boil for some time until you get the aroma.
4. Then add lemon juice and finally add the tempered mustard seeds in rasam.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves (optional).
Nutrition Highlights: Lemon is a good vitamin C source, a powerful antioxidant. It can be had a soup during monsoon months to treat cold and cough.